The Boomer Reporting Corps initiative provides specialized mentoring and general skill-building workshops designed to encourage older adults throughout Maine to become citizen journalists. Boomer Reporting Corps workshops are free and open to ENCorps members. Lunch and refreshments are provided. To learn more about ENCorps and Boomer Reporting Corps and to become a member, please visit: www.encoreleaders.org. To view a PDF flyer of all upcoming BRC workshops, please click here.
Date: Saturday, January 19, 2013 (Snow Date: January 26)
Time: 9am to 2pm
Location: Hutchinson Center, Belfast
Learn to produce multimedia narratives that combine still photos, captions, audio recordings and movies for ink-on-paper and digital media. Topics include:
• Choosing your tools: Camcorders, microphones, video-capable DSLRs (Digital Single Lens Reflex), mobile devices (iPhones, iPads), editing applications (Garage Band, SoundSlides, iMovie)
• Combining video interviews (taught in Workshop #3) with B-Roll shots: Long shots, two-shots, close-ups, cutaways, pans, zooms, traveling shots, etc.
• Gathering and mixing ambient sound for slide shows and video
• Producing slide shows and galleries
• Video editing on iPads and laptops
• Exporting movies to web, DVD and tablets
To Register: Contact Mia Noyes at: email@example.com or 207-262-7931
ENCorps is a program of the University of Maine Center on Aging in partnership with the Maine Community Foundation, the Community Experience Partnership and with the cooperation of local, state, and national organizations. In addition to this support, funding for the Boomer Reporting Corps is provided by The John S. and James L. Knight Foundation, Maine Community Foundation, and The Atlantic Philanthropies.