Mark Your Calendars – 2022 UMaine Clinical Geriatrics Colloquium
MARK YOUR CALENDARS
for this very special event
Seventeenth Annual University of Maine
Clinical Geriatrics Colloquium (Virtual)
Geroscience — From Cells to Community: What it Means to Your Life and Your Practice
Tuesday, November 15, 2022 • 8:30 a.m.–3:30 p.m.
This year’s colloquium focuses on the clinical and practice implications of advances in the science of aging.
An online, webinar format will be used again this year to encourage broad participation by health and human service practitioners, administrators, educators, students, researchers and older adults across the state, nation and beyond.
Keynote addresses and special topic panels and workshops will address:
• The mechanisms of aging — cell senescence, inflammation, oxidation, genetics
• The biology of organ system and limb restoration and rejuvenation
• The business and ethics of life extension — vitamins, supplements and nontraditional therapies
• Engineering, cognitive assessment and assistive technologies
• Technological solutions for independent living
• The political, psychological, and social dimensions of improved health and increased life span
• Implications for the workforce, families, communities, and retirement planning
Look for program details and registration information coming later in the spring/early summer.
Questions? Please contact Lenard Kaye at email@example.com.
The University of Maine is an EEO/AA employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender expression, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information or veteran’s status in employment, education, and all other programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Director of Equal Opportunity, 101 North Stevens Hall, University of Maine, Orono, ME 04469-5754, 207.581.1226, TTY 711 (Maine Relay System).